Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

IM 5’2 15 year old female who weighs 9.6stone (61kg) and 134.4 pounds am I overweight?

Help I converted it into different weigh measurements

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

No you are fine

• 6 months ago

yes you are. maybe lose about 20 more pounds

• 6 months ago

Yes a bit overweight

• Cathy
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

yes you are

you need to lose 35 pounds

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Not really

Oof

• 6 months ago

https://pro.healthykids.nsw.gov.au/calculator/

Yeah, just a little overweight.

• 6 months ago

Relax. You are 15. Please, please, please don't get obsessed with your weight. Weight is not a good indication of body composition, health, fitnesses, clothing size, intelligence, beauty, or popularity. You can look up your BMI online (see the link below). According to this calculation with is for teens not adults, your BMI is 24.5 which is right at the edge of overweight. This is important not for looks but for health.

Now is a great time for you to start learning about food and making healthier choices. Small changes in your lifestyle will make big changes in how your look and feel over time:

1. Drink lots of water instead of fizzy drinks/soft drinks (even diet), milk, and juice drinks.

2. Eat four cups/170 grams of fresh veggies every day. Any combination of salad or steamed. Mix it up. Try new things.

3. Cut back on or cut out fast food, junk food, snack foods, sweets/treats/pudding.

4. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Take walks, follow a DVD at home, play a sport/game with your friends, ride a bike. Again, mix it up. You don't have to go to a gym -- just get active.

5. Get plenty of sleep.

6. DON'T try crazy or dangerous fat diets. Yo don't need them. Your body and brain are still developing and they need high quality fuel.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/bmi/result.html?...

• k w
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

over by, approx 15-20lbs......

• d
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It's just on the borderline between healthy weight and overweight. A better way to tell is by your waist circumference. For your height, it should be less than 30 inches. Hope this helps.

• 6 months ago

Probably. That is heavy for the height. It really depends on your build and body structure. Some people are built stocky and some thin. Overweight is relative to what the body wants and is healthy, not a set window in a bunch of numbers. But the numbers do reflect averages so if you are outside the window, it is because you either are not close to average or you are and are overweight. Which is it? I think if you have to ask, the answer is pretty obvious.

• Mallone6 months agoReport

Oh hey there you are! I've been looking for you to answer my question. Need your help to understand this sentence:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190615121036AA9L4Mi

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.