Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 5 months ago

On the black part of my eye, one eyes is bigger than the other.. this happened overnight what can cause this?

I tried googling what could cause this but couldn’t find a straight answer that fits my situation. Nothing notable happened yesterday and i just woke up like this, i noticed a bit of light sensitivity in one eye but my vision seems to be fine besides that.. the internet seems to say it’s a harmless condition but I’m concerned because this just happened with no clear cause, my eyes were completely normal yesterday. I don’t want to see a doctor unless completely necessary as I can’t really afford.. anyone know what could cause this suddenly and if I should be concerned?

Generally that indicates concussion, drug use or a brain injury.

The most common reason for one pupil to be larger than the other is that something has gotten into the eye with the larger pupil to dilate it. This is generally done by touching something and then rubbing your eye. Plants, household chemicals and medications can all have this effect. It is also possible that something very bad is happening but it is unlikely. Does the larger pupil still respond to light? If so that's a good sign.