Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 5 months ago

Why do we have to die? i wish we could all live forever? :(?

it just seems all pointless and depressing to think of everything we achieved in this life, everyone we loved, every place we went to, every place we worked at, every house we lived in is all forgotten when we're dead. i do actually believe in afterlife, but im still upset about the fact that we grow old. i just turned 17 and i cant stop thinking about it. when i see old people i feel annoyed and unsettled because its a constant reminder of what i will eventually look like. it really saddens me so much :( i wish we could at least look young for the rest of our lives and if we could live for 200 years that would be so much better. what do u think?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best answer

BECAUSE DEEZ NUTS

• Peggy
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

If God had created us to live forever He would have had to have created us without the ability to reproduce because there would soon be no food to eat, water to drink, air to breathe etc. We are made for a reason and for a season and need to make way for the next generation just as our ancestors did. Those of us who believe in a Loving Creator God know that we will leave this earth to go to a better place, so there is nothing to fear.

• 5 months ago

I agree it’s an extremely depressing and daunting thought that I too try not to think about for too long. But it’s an inevitable thing we all have to accept. I guess what makes it easier is knowing all of us has to face it. So we’re not alone in that sense. But yeah it’s a scary and sad thought to think everything we have/done/seen is sort of a waste in a way.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Because we make babies

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A C
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

It's only the physical body that dies. Each of us has a soul that will live forever in either heaven or hell; depending on whether or not one has received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior before dying.

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • glcang
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You are so very young...maybe stop focusing on this stuff and live life

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Your moments and seasons of joy, love, truth, all ascend to your treasures in heaven, and C. S. Lewis' "The Great Divorce" explains how nightly, in dreams, and post-passing, humans slough off their fears and lesser erring, to become more free.

Related:

For Couples Only;

The Path of the Higher Self;

Youth: Creators of the Future;

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-oscillating-quasipar... has an interesting quantum aspect.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Because entropy is the law of the universe. Everything that exists will eventually decay and disappear

• 5 months ago

I think your opinion will change as you get older,once you've gone through the hardships of life,your almost comforted by the thought that you get a long earned rest at the end of it.

• 5 months ago

Life is temporary. We don't know why and we can't do anything about it. Write a book, paint a painting, make some music, and if it is good enough it will live on beyond your mortal life. That's as close as we humans get to immortality.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.