Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 5 months ago

Wat would it cost to replace a screen in a 4k 55 inch Panasonic TV model is TX55cx802B?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

More than the cost of a new TV. They are built in such a way that screen replacement is nearly impossible. The panel and the controller board are different for virtually every model of tv, so no one really makes replacement screens. You would have to find the original manufacturer of that specific screen, and hope they still were producing them, which they probably aren't since they are making new models.

Your only hope is to find a used one that has a good screen, but is broken in some other way, and swap yourself. This is a hassle, and there is no guarantee it will work in your favor (as lots of things can go wrong). I tried this route myself, and I would not do it again.

• spacemissing
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Panels ARE available, but they Do cost enough to make economical replacement impossible.

• P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Logic boards can be replaced, but screens are not meant to be replaced. No one stocks parts and if they do it's too expensive to ship them in. Throw in labor and you are way over the top. If you are short on cash just search your local area for a decent used 55inch 4k tv.

• Ducky
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Usually more than what the TV is worth, getting the screen and the cost of labor tends to make it more expensive than just buying a new TV

• 5 months ago

More than the TV is worth

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.