Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Atheists, what would you do if a Christian asked you why you hate God?

I would laugh and ask them if they have taken their medication today. You cannot hate something that you don't believe in. That's just silly and nonsensical.

I'd explain that I don't hate God. I think God exists only within minds. I don't hate Christians. Some of my favorite people are Christians. The only thing I hate is harmful behavior, whether it is carried out by a believer, or by an atheist. I don't even hate the belief in God; it's perfectly fine, and perhaps even good, for some people, but I don't think it's an accurate reflection of reality, and I think it's a source of a lot of problems.

• Saad M

Because they ignore the greatness and clemency of God.

I can't hate someone or something which doesn't exist.

• Fireball

U WILL FIND OUT BUT TILL THEN TRY MYTHS>>>

I suppose they say why unless it is really personal and those private things should be kept secret. People might feel justified when they do not get their prayers answered like they want and they are so simple minded at times they do not see they bring on their own problems by making sad decisions and like to blame God when they should work on making life better.

Hopefully I would have been eating beans and onions and cheese at the right time right before this question was asked

I'd answer that I have a long history of utterly despising entities that don't exist. For example, I have an absolutely toxic relationship with unicorns and banshees.

• Peter

Unicorns? A four legged beast with a horn protruding from it's forehead? Mmmm!

I would tell them that I no more hate God than they hate Quetzalcoatl.

• Den B7

I'd explain that I can't hate something that doesn't exist.

Name 1 thing that doesn't exist, that you hate.

• Rogan

Laugh

Uncontrollably

• jack6 months agoReport

@Rogan, get hold of yourself! No, not there!