Why has celery been so bad lately? It just seems to be worse and worse.?

thank you so much for posting this! I thought it was jut me! I was buying organic and thought all that healthy was messing with the taste-it has been so bitter lately!

• LaLo6 months agoReport

Nope, both organic and commercially raised and GMO ALL BAD! :-(

• The vast majority of celery sold is from California. California had the craziest weather this "Spring" and "Summer" (I'm sitting in the house wearing a sweatshirt in June)! The crops are all freaked out. Nothing is on schedule - summer fruits have just started coming in. Other things are growing weird or just not showing up. I often go to farmer's markets and have heard from the purveyors what a mess everything is.

All that being said, it's just a guess on my part ;)

• LaLo6 months agoReport

also said I wouldn't need the coupons as I do not ever plan to buy their products again. Guess I'm going to have to find a local grower... BTW I buy mostly organic unless it's absurdly expensive or I can't find organic, then I'll get non GMO...

A sign of the apocalypse!

Weather conditions where its grown can effect how it grows. Too much water or not enough both effect produce.