Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 6 months ago

Is Paypal going down hill?

I decided that I wanted to open a Paypal account because I wanted to buy something on eBay. I confirmed my email address and phone number so my account can become verified. I seen a message saying that I was ready to start shopping. I was elated!

However, everything changed when my brother sent me money. Paypal then told me that I have to provide additional information before I could spend my money. I provided my state ID, Social security number, and utility bill.

They told me to wait 2-3 business days for the outcome. They then said that the information I provided could not be verified. My money is still there and my brother is pissed.

Paypal said they still need more documents to verify my identity 🤣🤣🤣😭

• Dave

You mean they are doing everything they can to stem fraud, and you're whining about it?

Paypal is a bank. You're having to provide the exact same info any bank asks for.

• Adrian

Your account was "verified" for spending money, which they take from your bank or credit card. This is to simply spend money.

However, when you receive money, the premise is that you are going to take it out of Paypal, which means they are now paying you. For that, they obviously want more information to verify who you are before they send money to you directly (ie: to bank account). This also prevents (well, they try...) fraud/money laundering. Also, if money was sent to your account "by mistake", Paypal wants to be sure they can get it back.

All sorts of reasons....

As far as they are concerned it isn't. They've got your money and you don't know what to do. They hope you will give up and go away.

They don't like the way it is being used to transfer money between two people, other than a business. You could be a drug dealer.

• Sports MD

It's not illegal for my brother to send me money. That shady as company is finding an excuse to steal people money when they originally told me.my account was verified.