Mi asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

Do I have to go to school with bacterial conjunctivitis?

It hurts like hell to open my left eye. It's stuck together and I did wash my face. I'm constantly getting watery eyes and yesterday it looked like I was crying. All. Day. My eyes get very itchy and I started off with viral conjunctivitis but now I have the symptoms of bacterial (which is worse). My GP prescribed me with eyedrops which don't help it just seems like it made it worse or maybe it wasn't the eyedrops, just my eyes getting worse for no reason. I look like a monster with my left eye closed. Also if I do get it open its swollen half shut and its so sore and painful. I can open my eye with my finger but it feels heavy and I need to close it asap because it hurts

If you have an infectious disease such as bacterial or viral conjunctivitis then you stay away from school.

If in doubt phone the school office to ask what their policy is on the subject.

• k w

not smart to go to school til, cleared up....this may help [ earthclinic.com/ailments/pink-eye-natural-remedies/ ]

Conjunctivitis, viral and bacterial, is CONTAGIOUS.

You should not go to school/work if affected.

If you have used any eye makeup since it started it must be disposed of to stop recontamination.

• Tarkarri

So what is your school's policy??? Normally, with a lengthy absence, schoolwork can be sent for you to do at home so you don't fall too far behind.

You shouldn’t be going to school, it’s highly contagious and you can spread it around to other students. The eye drops might just need time to work, but go back to your doctor as you may be allergic to the eye drops and they are making things worse.

Honestly I wouldn’t go back to school until it’s cleared up.

• Yeah I get you not wanting to miss school, but you really shouldn’t be around other people. Can’t the school send work home for you to do?
      And definitely go back to the eye casualty, you might need something else for the infection