Toby asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

Was this cleaner out of line?

In a food court, theres a guy at a table (several other empty ones) eating KFC from its box. But cleaner says "no outside food allowed" (theres no KFC in this foodcourt so he must have brought it in from down the street. the CLEANER even points to a sign, and tells him to leave. I go over and tell the cleaner he s out of line and no authority to tell this guy to leave and its not his rules. He gets really red in face and starts to now yell at me> Tells me to get out too that is noone of my business. I leave but not before knocing chairs pover as I leave. KFC boy has also left. Should I have stood my ground? I was basically finished but that's why I left. Should a mere CLEANER have told me and the other guy what to do? His job is surely to just clean and keep his nose out!

Update:

Yes he works there, but only in menial role - surely no right to tell people to leave. ?? I should tell him what to do everytime I go there? spill food etc.. on floor.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best answer

You were very much out of line. The cleaner is an employee of the restaurant or food court and it IS his rules; and there was a sign posted that said "No Outside Food Allowed". For all you know, the man you thought was "only" a cleaner might have been the store manager. In any event, none of it was any of your business.

You threw a hissy fit about something that didn't concern you, and you intentionally knocked over some chairs on your way out? You'll be lucky if you aren't banned from the restaurant from now on.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

YOU SHOULD BE BANNED AND ARRESTED!

If the culprit bought his food at eat out tax levels, and then attempted to eat in it store, he is guilty of TAX FRAUD and anybody assisting him should be jailed too. That is the sort of thing they got MANAFORT for, and I for one will cheer when the detectives come knocking on your door.

• 6 months ago

He was not KFC boy was by disregarding rules ans so were you by your reaction

• susan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

In this fiction story, the guy eating KFC probably didn't know about the rule, and he left when shown the sign, so he was okay. The employee was doing his job, so he was okay. And the first person narrator was out of line for knocking over chairs and also for just behaving like a douche in general.

• gilf8303 months agoReport

Toby, you were out of line by reacting the way that you did...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Usually, in food courts, the people who clean the tables are people who work for one of the restaurants. He was doing what was expected of him for his job. Janitors usually clean at night when all the restaurants are closed...

You should have ignored it. And if you're knocking chairs down on purpose, you can get banned from going there again...

• Elisabeth
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

Thank you for your kind remark on my post! For some reason I can only see it in my notifications, and not on the post itself. So I sneak it in here instead :-)

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

he was definitely out of line

• Lita
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Wrong as usual, Pearl. Do you understand that someone who works in the food court, even as a cleaner, has the right to enforce the food court rules?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The only time that he was out of line is when he yelled. The Busser should have gone & got his boss. Obviously, he was told to do that. The KFC guy was trespassing.

• 6 months ago

You are a great big fat TROLL.

• Toby6 months agoReport

Happened yesterday at the paramount food court. You are extremely rude to people. I also stick up for people you don’t.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

You were out of line, not the cleaner. The cleaner has the right to enforce the establishment rules.

• Med 10
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

This is the kind of story that when I read it I feel I should get a pair of boots on because the BS is getting deep.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

It's a pity Yahoo allows multiple use of the same username. There is another Charlotte here who posts sensible and intelligent answers.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Your not too bright--the cleaner WORKS there and it's his job to enforce rules or get fired. You should have stood your ground and gotten arrested. It would have served you right.

• Toby6 months agoReport

Doubt I could be arrested for telling a cleaner to stick to doing his job

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.