Is a sitting duck a good euphemism for an easy target 🙂?
- conley39Lv 75 months agoBest answer
Yes. That's a good expression
- RPLv 75 months ago
Yes, certainly as good as any.
- bluebellbkkLv 75 months ago
A sitting duck is an easy target.
But it's not a 'euphemism'. A euphemism is when you say someone 'passed on' instead of 'died'. It's a word that tries to make the hard reality sound a little easier to bear.
- CaraLv 75 months ago
Yes. It's not a euphemism; it's a metaphor.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Mr. InterestingLv 75 months ago
Not really a euphemism, but the meaning is correct.
While it may be considered an idiom, "sitting duck" is more like a simile.
- Mr MonsterLv 75 months ago
Yes, that's exactly what it means.
- Anonymous5 months ago
Nope not at all
- CABLv 75 months ago
Obviously after 2 centuries of common usage.
- 18 gibbs 20Lv 75 months ago
Yes. That's what it means.
- A.J.Lv 75 months ago
Yes. You got it right.