why was my credit card application denied?

my credit is not very good, around 570. However, I was sent a pre approval letter from first access. I was denied. Why did they deny me after sending me a pre approval

• zipper

They can not run a full back round check on you until you accept the offer; Once they could run the full check they said "HELL NO!"

The letter you received when denied should tell you the reason why. Read it.

• Judy

Read the "preapproval letter" more carefully. It says something like you're preapproved if you meet our requirements. At 570, you don't. If they turned you down, you will get a letter from them saying why.

Because your credit was not very good. Being pre-approved makes no difference. They would still deny you for the same reasons as if you were not pre-approved.

Because they are *ssholes.

• DEBS

Your credit score is classified as BAD. Not good. Not okay. Bad. https://wallethub.com/credit-score-range/570-credi...

Pre-approval letters mean nothing. They send them to people who have a pulse (and many that don't). It's really nothing more than an advertisement.

A pre-approval letter is just a notice you may meet the minimum requirements. An advertising ploy. They have to by law send you a reason why letter in the mail. That will answer this question

This isn't that uncommon. The pre approval doesn't mean you are actually approved, they can change their mind any time they want. I guess you credit dropped a bit due to something

They send those "pre-approval" letters to everyone. It's simply a marketing ploy to get you to sign up, assuming your credit is good. Yours is NOT good, therefore you don't get one of the cards. You were NOT actually pre-approved. Don't be so gullible.

You should call them up and ask