Survey; Do you consider small or big dogs more dangerous?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Big dings can be more life threatening if they attack you but I have never been bitten by one. I am more wary of those small terrier like dogs, with needle sharp teeth as they are the ones most likely to be aggressive and bite you. They may not be dangerous as such but I prefer to avoid them more than the larger breeds.

• Jedi Jan
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

My typo! Dogs not "dings" ... Thank you for the BA. I dont receive many if this these days.

• 5 months ago

Obviously a large dog is more dangerous. A large dog can do much worse damage than a small dog if it were to attack.

Most dog maulings that are serious are by large dogs, not small dogs.

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I consider big dogs more dangerous. Though I did see once a six pound Chihauhau take down a huge Marine because, you know, they were bred as Aztec fighting dogs, to jump up and snap off a warrior's head with a single bite. Not! LOL

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

probably big dogs, theyre more massive and often harder to fight against

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Easily big dogs. Now don't get me wrong small dogs like Chihuahuas can be vicious little bastards when they want to be. But I think I'd have a better chance over it than the likes of a Caucasian Shepherd or Tibetan Mastiff. Now those things would rip you apart without effort.

• Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Yet I petted huge dogs at a biker rally, even a Great Dane; sweethearts. Its how they are trained.

• 5 months ago

Small dogs, they seem to be more nervous.

• 5 months ago

Big dogs because they are bigger

• 5 months ago

Large dogs are able to get closer to you. I was walking home from church and I knew the nice people

had a dog, he came after me. I picked up a huge limb and when he tried to bit me I give him a limb across

his face. Also Clara, the owner came at him and not long after they got rid of him.

• 5 months ago

I find that small dogs seem to be more snappy and bark more than big dogs, People don't seem to train their dogs anymore,

My dog of 15 years I trained him so well and never even barked at anyone he was a very big dog too.

• 5 months ago

They all bite if provoked to defend themselves. some will bite for no reason. who knows what goes on in their minds at the time.

• ladytc
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Dogs are only dangerous if they are mistreated by people.

• Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Bunk. Terrier mixes/Chihuahuas are feisty from Day One. Not pit bulls, no.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.