Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

why do some people jog up the stairs?

im just asking because i have this neighbour next door and she always runs up and down the stairs, it’s heavy as well and can be a bit annoying at times. I know everyone walks differently but she isn’t even fat, she’s really skinny and short but stomps. Any reason why you think she does it?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

OCD! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

• 5 months ago

Jogging up and down stairs is very good exercise!!! Especially after a leg workout!

• 5 months ago

For the same reason people walk up stairs.

• 5 months ago

Why do some people walk up the stairs?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Sounds like she has control issues surrounding exercise and has to obsessively run up and down the stairs to keep fit.

• 5 months ago

Sounds like it's part of her exercise routine. You might as well let this go – it only lasts a few seconds, and has nothing directly to do with you.

I used to live on the top floor of a six-story dorm. One of my hallmates always ran up all those stairs rather than wait for the elevator. She was a nursing student, from a farm background – a very strong girl.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Part of the reason she's skinny is because she approaches the stairs as an opportunity to burn off more calories.

• JJ
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

for the exercise

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

probably for the exercise or to get there faster

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Jogging saves time.

• 5 months ago

"really skinny" is the clue. She takes her exercise in a natural way, by exercising during her daily routine...like when going up and down stairs. Which is why she runs them.

My guess is that she also parks out in the farthest spots in the parking lot from the mall. So she can walk that distance to and from the car. And she likely carries the grocery bags to the car rather than push them in a cart.

Lots of people do that...I'm one of them. It's how I get my exercise...by doing my daily chores.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.