Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

why do some people jog up the stairs?

im just asking because i have this neighbour next door and she always runs up and down the stairs, it’s heavy as well and can be a bit annoying at times. I know everyone walks differently but she isn’t even fat, she’s really skinny and short but stomps. Any reason why you think she does it?

OCD! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

Jogging up and down stairs is very good exercise!!! Especially after a leg workout!

For the same reason people walk up stairs.

Why do some people walk up the stairs?

Sounds like she has control issues surrounding exercise and has to obsessively run up and down the stairs to keep fit.

Sounds like it's part of her exercise routine. You might as well let this go – it only lasts a few seconds, and has nothing directly to do with you.

I used to live on the top floor of a six-story dorm. One of my hallmates always ran up all those stairs rather than wait for the elevator. She was a nursing student, from a farm background – a very strong girl.

Part of the reason she's skinny is because she approaches the stairs as an opportunity to burn off more calories.

• JJ

for the exercise

probably for the exercise or to get there faster

Jogging saves time.

"really skinny" is the clue. She takes her exercise in a natural way, by exercising during her daily routine...like when going up and down stairs. Which is why she runs them.

My guess is that she also parks out in the farthest spots in the parking lot from the mall. So she can walk that distance to and from the car. And she likely carries the grocery bags to the car rather than push them in a cart.

Lots of people do that...I'm one of them. It's how I get my exercise...by doing my daily chores.