Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 5 months ago

Is it fair to say women shoulder the extra responsibility of birth control if they dont want to get pregnant?

If it is her body her choice then surely it is should be her body her responsibility

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Carol
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

We have to as we bear the burden of an unplanned pregnancy.

• 5 months ago

It takes two to tango. Both parties share the responsibility.

• 5 months ago

I answer your question with another question. Can a man become with child? Can a man give birth?

• 5 months ago

yeah pretty much

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's the reality, whether you think it's fair or not. Yeah, attempts at getting child support are an attempt at evening that out, but it is insufficient. This doesn't mean I think the idea of giving her all the rights is a good plan, but women DO share unequal responsibility regardless of what men or society do.

On the other hand, men shoulder the extra responsibility for taking on danger and defense in society. That isn't exactly fair either.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Both the male and the female have responsibilities. It is a simple matter for a man to practice safe sex. If a man doesn't want to shoulder the extra responsibility of child support payments, he should practice birth control.

• Elana
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Condoms fail. Vasectomies are frequently non-reversible. Women have literally dozens of effective methods of birth control. Although I certainly think men should wear condoms to prevent the spread of STDs, your argument falls extremely flat.

• 5 months ago

Hold on. If men want to get laid "more" than women do, then why shouldn't birth control be at least "half" a man's responsibility?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

We have to. Men have no responsibility about it and whine about wearing a condom.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes. Women hold the burden of pregnancy and children no matter how society is structured, while men only hold the burden of children if the woman doesn't abort, he decides to stay, or society punishes men for not staying with laws like child support.

Oh and yes, child support was put in place in part to punish men.

• fdf5 months agoReport

As a man I'm glad society doesn't tolerate men who abandon their children .. Now it saddens me that society applauds when a woman chooses to abort her child .

• 5 months ago

Men and women should both be involved (in both wanted pregnancies and avoiding unwanted ones).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.