How can I access and print my 2017 W2?

I file online with the free turbotax website and with that they allow you to access your previous W2 (2018) at any time. Well now I need 2017 as well because I m in the process of purchasing a home. Turbotax wants me to upgrade for 70 bucks to access it but there has to be another way. After paying closing costs, inspection and appraisal fee, I can spare 70 bucks for turbotax ha any help is appreciated

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You can ask your employer for it.

• Ryan M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Request it form your employer or the IRS. There is no master online database that houses everyone's W2, so you have to ask the ONLY two people who could possibility have that, besides yourself

• 6 months ago

Download IRS Form 4506-T from the IRS website and request a wage and income transcript.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You didn't save a copy of your previous tax returns and all the accompanying documents? Bad idea!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Ask you employer. You can also order a copy from the IRS. Search for "IRS Tax Transcript'.

• 6 months ago

Are you on good terms with the company you worked for in 2017 ? Does the IRS charge for documents like this ?? (idk). [just saying: Odd that your 1040 is not enough. And obviously, from now on keep your important documents.]

• SumDude
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

BRANDON might be uncomfortable asking an old employer for a W-2 which is why I softened it with "on good terms" - but yes he could man up and ask anyway - assuming they are still in business, but no guarantees they will act in a timely fashion.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.