Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesMazda · 6 months ago

Would you rather have a 2013 Mazda CX-9 Touring w 56k miles & a "rebuilt" title or a 2015 Mini Cooper S w 79k miles & a clean title? No kids?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

I would not accept a BMW Mini Cooper even if it were gifted to me. A major money pit like anything BMW. I would walk first.

As for the CX-9, maybe it depends on the rebuild. I owned a rebuild and it was as good as new. I also know of rebuilds that came apart in two pieces at high way speeds. It would take more info and checking out.

In reality I would not take either even if free! I think more so if "gifted" because often the gift has the hidden price of a future favor that will be called in. The giver will guilt the receiver into things they never would have agreed to otherwise.

• 6 months ago

Neither, thanks. I don't care for SUVs and the Minis are notorious for being money pits.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Both are free hand-me-downs from parents, sounds like Mazda needs a CV joint replaced.. Clacking sounds when turning slowly.

• 6 months ago

I'd never purchase a vehicle with a rebuilt title.

There are way too many cars that have been totaled because of flood damage and the wiring harness will slowly start to corrode and cause so many headaches and expense tat you'll wish you never bought the vehicle.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They are very different vehicles. The CX-9 is a 7-passenger SUV. The Mini is really a 2+2 hatchback.

For overall reliability, I d prefer the Mazda BUT if it has a rebuilt title, I d be weary of that particular vehicle. Generally I suggest staying away from any vehicle with a rebuilt title unless you know why it was branded with that title in the first place, can verify that it was rebuilt correctly and you can get it for a very good price.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Go with the Mini Cooper.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.