Can I become an ultrasound tech with a 1.8 GPA in high school?

If I go to a community college can I become an ultrasound tech if I have a 1.8 GPA in high school does your high school GPA matter when choosing a future career

• Daniel
    1 year ago

It depends on how selective the community college is.

If you can't manage better than a C- average in high school, unless you get your act together, you probably aren't going to do well in college courses. Most colleges don't let people graduate with anything lower than a 2.0.

• dammm
    1 year ago

If you boost your grades in community college it should help you go there.

• John
    1 year ago

Many, if not most, community colleges will admit anyone who has a high school diploma or GED. I was not aware, however, that one could graduate from high school with less than a 2.0 average.

• 1 year ago

Your high school must be very poor to allow anyone to earn a high school diploma with a GPA below 2.0. Your academic abilities are so poor that even community college courses are likely beyond your capacities. You might be able to get into remedial programs/classes at a CC.

• MS
    1 year ago

High school GPA matters in the sense that it will determine if you get accepted into your community college and into your program of choice. Even if you get into the community college, you might not be admitted into a particular program until you prove yourself. Once you've completed a community college degree or certificate program, your high school grades are no longer important.

• drip
    1 year ago

Go check with your local community college. Chances are the may want you to take. placement exams for English and math.

• 1 year ago

yes it matters..............