Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 6 months ago

Are there any iron supplements that that don’t abuse nausea/motion-sickness?

I tried taking maltofer iron tablets and they gave me nausea. Someone recommended trying ferrograd c (with vitamin c) or the iron liquid form. But is their any that don’t cause nausea which one is the best to take then?

• Tavy

None of them unless prescribed by a Doctor.

I have never gotten nausea or motion sickness from iron supplements, ever. I get constipated from them. And I am not sure where you are from but every Walmart, Kmart, Target, drug store, etc sells supplements, including iron supplements. You will have to try different ones

Depending on how lo your iron is you could try eating differently.

Bran flakes have 100% daily requirement and a bowl of that plus a glass of OJ is a good deal. Along with that, try adding cooked spinach and other greens and cooked beans to your daily diet.

• k w

dunno, BUT, be sure to eat fruit 20 min, prior to the iron, cuz most people experience constipation....not a good thing