Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

Why are people still waiting in long checkout lines rather than those self serve checkouts?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

People like other people others like self check out. My thing is with self check they can be slow or do not work still have to call person over. Another reason people wait in lines because once everything goes automated half the work force won't have a job. They claim they want people to work and off welafare yet robots, self driving cars etc are taking over. Just like eBay and Amazon are putting stores out of business. I got one do not want to buy everything online.

• denise
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They are sometimes confusing, like saying 'unidentified item in bagging area', when its just your own bag!.

I appreciate the conversation with the checkout operator, and you dont get flustered when asked for your loyalty card e.t.c.

Some of the regular / senior customers know the staff & appreciate the chat & acknowledgement.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I love self check out. I don't have to deal with people or

nosy cashier asking about what I'm buying, And if I have to put

something back, I just do with no embarrassment or explaining

or anyone staring. And if I want to split up the purchases or pay

with separate cards I just do. No one to deal with. Love it.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Because it's easier to let someone else do the checkout. Obviously.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I've had so many things go wrong at self-service checkouts, each of which held me up while a member of staff was located to come over, say 'That's odd, it shouldn't do that', and press some buttons. The moment they disappear another glitch happens. I refuse to believe they are ALL my fault

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Many of us like to deal with a real person rather than a machine.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Because they don't want to use self check out.

Because they don't know how to use self check out.

Because they are buying something that needs a real person.

Because they want to.

Because it's their business and no one else's.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Some of us still prefer to deal with people. In addition as long as people continue to use checkout lines the cashiers continue to be employed.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

they probably dont know how to use thern

• 5 months ago

Many people are confused and intimidated by the self-checkout machinery.

• 5 months ago

Because there trying to put up a fight against robots taking over the world.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.