Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 5 months ago

Why are some people wired to look for any minor reason to dismiss others and disobey God?

Update:

Nobody owes me a thing. But God gave them life and allows them to continue in it, no matter how they are. When they know him or claim to, then they show it by remembering others (not me) and doing whatever they are meant to.

Update 2:

Of course, I have personally struggled with it myself. I wanted to hear what others say about it, and find it interesting that a topic that was first in Religion & Spirituality (I thought correctly) ended up in Sociology :) where less people are answering.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bobo
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Everyone struggles with the tension between good and evil. Those who lie, cheat, and steal are doing so with the full knowledge that what they are doing is wrong and usually they are quite defensive about it. It takes character to live a life that keeps evil at bay, unfortunately many people lack good character. It doesn't help when society/media glorify and excuse poor character.

• 5 months ago

Maybe they it's because they feel abandoned by a creator that is seemingly uninterested in anything that's going on in our present lives.

• 5 months ago

God has never asked me to do anything so it's hard to disobey someone who doesn't even exist

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not everyone believes in your god and nobody owes you a thing. 😐

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 4
    5 months ago
    • 5 months agoReport

No, it s not.

• 5 months ago

We are all born into sin. From the second we leave the womb we are born into a sinful world surrounded by humans with sinful nature’s.

For example, nobody teaches their children to lie? When you ask a child if he took that piece of candy you told him not to and he looks at you and giggles and says “noooo”. Nobody taught him to do that. We do it because we all have sinful natures and are born sinners.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.