Pregnant or not?

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a while. Our first try was successful but ended in a miscarriage with our twins. We have been trying off and on since.

3 days ago I got a faint line on my FRER test. I was so excited because I know a faint line still counts as positive! I was happy. It was light, but not even questionable. Definitely there. I took another test every day since. The problem is that since the first good one, the lines have gotten lighter. Almost invisible, would not have seen them at all if I hadn t gotten the first one. It s only 3 tests, but at least one of them should match the first one. Hcg fluctuates so I want to worried when the second test was lighter, but the third has me worried more. My period is due today and I m almost never late so I guess I ll know by tonight, but I want to prepare myself ahead of time.

Maybe. But we don't tell the future.

• John P

Nobody can tell for sure at long distance. Wait a week or more, in case the period is delayed, then see the doctor.