KH asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 year ago

I just went to my Air Force recruiter (for the first time) yesterday and on my paper I said that I was single, but I’m engaged..?

If I get married before I event I to meps, would I get in trouble? Well not in trouble, I guess, what would happen?

• 1 year ago

Even if you're engaged - you are still SINGLE until you get married.

• 1 year ago

You are single until you are married. Having a girl friend, being engaged do not matter, you are single now.

• NWIP
    1 year ago

You are married or single. There is nothing in between. Engagements mean ZERO. Until you are married you are single. Just make sure you do not get married before Basic

• 1 year ago

Engaged IS single. Legally, engaged has no meaning.

• Ron
    1 year ago

Relax son, nothing will happen. You are single until you are married

• 1 year ago

If you are in the USA then "engaged" is not generally a legal status. You are single until you actually get married.

If you get married then you just need to inform the military of your changed legal status.