Innovation in reversible electric car batteries.Is it game-changer?Charges by day from Sun,drive around,feeds back to grid for cash at night?

Update:

I think I may have inadvertently scrambled this story.Charging has nothing to do with the Sun (trial was taking place on a sunny Island. Feedback so far from all is that the innovation is brilliant- a game changer!. Through bidirectional charging, electric vehicles are used to temporarily buffer energy and transfer it back to the power grid during peak hours. Thereby, imbalances between power supply and demand can be balanced even more flexibly and additionally control the power quality.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jas B
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

It is a brilliant idea and just goes to show how clever we can be when we put our best minds towards solving a problem

Just imagine how far we would have progressed, if all the money the fossil fuel industry and governments has put towards fossil fuel research in the last 30 years had gone towards researching clean, renewable energy sources.

• I smell a scam.

• 1 year ago

Since electric use is lower at night your idea is not that great.

• 1 year ago

An australian car won some award a few years ago for a record drive across the country under solar power.

It was a very light car covered in solar panels.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Then in the morning the battery would be flat, so you would have to recharge it, also to get the power from solar cells your array would need to be about the size of a Jumbo jet, presumably towed behind the car, creating drag errm a bit of a rethink needed...

• Newton's first Law of Thermodynamics says you can't get owt for nowt. You could have a car that collects enough energy from the sun to power it and have some left over, but the solar panels would be around a hundred times the size of the car.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

solar power is only cost effective in a few places ......................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.