Did anybody try antivirus for MAC? Is it worth?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Anyone who thinks a MAC cannot get a virus is wrong. I worked as a contractor for the U.S. Navy - as a systems administrator and for my assigned systems, was the security administrator as well. I got notices twice a month when the U.S. Department of Defense released Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs - you can look them up on the web). While admittedly it was RARE to see a notice of a MAC virus, it happened now and then. And all it takes is one virus to really ruin your day.

• CODA
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

I RUN MALWAREBYTES FOR MAC FREE VERSION.

• Dave
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Mac's can't get a virus. So unless it does malware as well (they can get Malware), it's a complete waste of time and resources (and money if you paid for it).

• Dave
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Did you even read the article? It's clickbait, moron. Not a single reference to an actual virus in the entire article. YOU CANNOT GET A VIRUS ON A MAC. Period.

• 6 months ago

I run the Bitdefender entire home solution known as Bitdefender BOX.

It includes a/v software for the Mac. I feel better that it's there. I don't want to pass along any files that might have a virus or anything malevolent to my friends.

I would highly suggest this solution (BOX) if you have any kind of smart home.

===

Yes I feel better protecting my Mac, and preventing ransomware.

Yes, I would suggest an a/v program.

• Dave
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Bitdefender box is garbage. A quick look at reviews show that they are nowhere near ready to be mass produced and used. Great idea, horrible execution.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you want peace of mind, sure.

• 6 months ago

No I haven't

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.