Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

Can I wear only one contact lens for an entire week?

I have had a lot of problems with my eyes unfortunately. The latest is a peripheral corneal ulcer due to overuse of contact lenses. It is sterile and not infectious and should resolve in a week. However, I cannot wear contacts in that eye for 7 days.

Can I get by if I just have a lens in my right eye? It is my dominant eye anyway but I have noticed some crossing/squinting and strain when I wore only one lens for a few hours.

I will update this with my prescription later because I don't have access to it now but my vision in both eyes is terrible and the one with the ulcer is worse. My glasses are quite thick without the special lenses and when people with perfect vision wear them they space out.

I remember the doctor saying it was a medium-high prescription but I think he was just making me feel good.

Glasses are a complete last resort. No correction is not possible.

HELP PLEASE

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Rebel
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Don't worry about what others think and wear your glasses! In fact you should start wearing them more often so when you do want to wear your contacts, you can. Its not a good idea to always wear your contacts anyways, so get use to wearing your glasses a lot more often as your eyes will feel better!

• 6 months ago

Whether you can get away with it is down to you.

If I tried that it would cause me eye-strain and extreme headaches. I’d also have to take time off work as I could not safely carry out my job with lop-sided vision. I don’t care how ugly they are: I’d revert to my glasses until I could return to contacts.

• 6 months ago

Well, try it, see how it works out ?

If it doesn't drive you nuts then it's fine. The stronger the prescription is, the less likely you will be able to do it but you will know after trying it.

It may just take more than a few hours to get used to it. Glasses are probably going to be the best solution.

• Bernd
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You are the best judge if you can get by with correcting only one eye. Plenty of people are walking around with eyes out of sync.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You must be very careful and seek professional advice.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.