Can I wear only one contact lens for an entire week?

I have had a lot of problems with my eyes unfortunately. The latest is a peripheral corneal ulcer due to overuse of contact lenses. It is sterile and not infectious and should resolve in a week. However, I cannot wear contacts in that eye for 7 days. Can I get by if I just have a lens in my right eye? It is my... show more I have had a lot of problems with my eyes unfortunately. The latest is a peripheral corneal ulcer due to overuse of contact lenses. It is sterile and not infectious and should resolve in a week. However, I cannot wear contacts in that eye for 7 days.

Can I get by if I just have a lens in my right eye? It is my dominant eye anyway but I have noticed some crossing/squinting and strain when I wore only one lens for a few hours.

I will update this with my prescription later because I don't have access to it now but my vision in both eyes is terrible and the one with the ulcer is worse. My glasses are quite thick without the special lenses and when people with perfect vision wear them they space out.

I remember the doctor saying it was a medium-high prescription but I think he was just making me feel good.

Glasses are a complete last resort. No correction is not possible.

HELP PLEASE