Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 5 months ago

What is it like to commute in very hot weather?

What is it like to commute in 101 degrees hot weather? Driving in the car, 25 miles to work and 25 miles after work back to home

It sucks but you will survive

• Lv 5

Heat exhaustion Does happen. 50 die in my city every summer from it. Old folks who cant afford to run AC, those who get lost in desert, and border crossers. Drink plenty of water. Pull over if dizzy.

Miserable as the A/C barely works in my cage. It can easily get to 107-109 in my city. 116 some days. Even on the 'sickle, I haveta wear a vest, not full protective leathers or I cook like a hot dog at red lights. It's Fine if I keep moving. I shut my 'sickle's motors off at long stops so I don't overheat them..

• Erik

Fine if you have AC. If you don't it sucks. You have to drive with the windows down, which is noisy and lots of air in your face, and it isn't even cold air.

It's uncomfortable if your AC doesn't blow cold air. I close my windows and set my AC to low or 60°F then adjust the vents to blow air towards my arm and my face or just to blow at my forehead.

Crank up the aircon and it's just like any other day...

• Scott

I live in Phoenix, where it's 100+ degrees for 5 months of the year. Air conditioning makes it tolerable.

Not a problem if you have A/C

Just like any other day if you use the AC.

Brutal without AC