Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 5 months ago

Is ordering water online a bad idea?

I feel fluoride and heavy-metals in our drinking-water

is making me sick. Every morning, I wake up frail

and shaky like I'm 80 years old.

I asked my parents to let me spend $75/month on

artisan Voss water (from Norway) so I can get better.

They said no. That was the cheapest brand I could find.

Other brands like Fiji and Smart-water will cost $200/month.

Your thoughts? Advice Please

If you're that concerned about metals in your water, get yourself a water distiller. About $100. Makes a gallon. But uses quite a lot of electricity and might make your parents upset about a steamy kitchen..

Alternately look up the Zero water pitcher filter. ($30 with a cartridge about $10)

* Just a thought... turn your phone off or into airplane mode while you sleep. Wi-fi is just as likely as metals in the water to cause you issues if you're very susceptible.

Why You can't use some world class water purifier which contains added mineral. Which make the water healthier for drinking purposes.

It's not a sustainable option or economical long-term.

But yes. Minerals in water do make some people sick. And even living in a developed country like the US does not guarantee safe city water - anyone who disagrees can look up Flint Michigan.

Well water can have anything in it. I think most counties will test it for you, so call your county office and ask. That way you can know for sure what's in the water and how to treat it.

Have you tried buying drinking water from your local store? If the normal drinking water bothers you, try distilled water. The distillation process means it should be really pure.

Or get a water filter system installed at your house. Lots of people with wells do this and they're amazing. I don't know anything about specific brands but here are some example filters I just looked up (https://www.waterfiltermag.com/best-whole-house-wa... If you don't want to invest in a fancy system, you could try the basic ones from Walmart.

Source(s): Grew up with well water and a three-filter system because the minerals (it was tested) made my dad sick (he also had heavy metal exposure at work)

No it is not a bad idea. Do what you feel that is most healthy for you. I used to be in Evian water for about 6-8 months because of the same reason. It helped a lot.

• k w

why not buy a decent filter for the kitchen under the sink type, like I bought for Mom?

• Bill

guess what-- you can fit a ceramic filter to your drinking water tap and get the same foreign water at no cost

your problem is in your head so ask for professional help

• Makenna5 months agoReport

Minerals in water bother some people. Saying it's in the person's head is not very nice.

• How is it that the water makes you sick, but it doesn't make your parents sick?

Has it ever entered your mind to see a doctor instead of self-diagnosing if you are sick?

And if you are dead set on buying bottled water and your parents are going to pay for it - why can't they buy it at the store where it's CHEAP. You sure as hell don't need Voss or Fiji!

Where do you live? You will probably find that the domestic water supply is perfectly fine for drinking and will not cause you problems. The amount of fluoride in domestic water supplies is not high enough to make you sick and there is natural fluoride in much of the water you buy, often at a higher level than the treated water. It is highly unlikely there are heavy metals in the water supply, it is far more likely that they will be in bought water. Most domestic water supplies come from rainwater through rivers and dams. Much of the bought water is from springs where the water has spent a long time in the ground dissolving all sorts of things. To top it off, there is no guarantee that bought water is not contaminated while there is a guarantee that the domestic water supply is uncontaminated.

If you are feeling sick, see a doctor to determine what is causing it. It is most probably not the water supply.

Have you actually looked at your water report? By law at least in the US that has to be made available to customers.

How do you know some imported water is any better? Oh right, because they say so.