alexis asked in HealthDental · 5 months ago

How was your wisdom tooth extraction experience?

I’m getting my wisdom teeth taken out soon and I’m super nervous. How bad was the pain?

I had mine out last week.

Day 2-3 was the worst for me. I did stay on the painkiller for 3-4 days consistently and ice packs for first 48 hours. The combination on this made it manageable for myself.

Mine was so easy even though it was impacted. I was so nervous and worried but, I had so much pain relief I didn’t feel a thing. I wasn’t put under either. Injections in the surrounding gums. So not to worry everything will be fine!

• Carrie

I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out, the procedure I don't remember it at all because I was under general anesthetic. As for the pain, I was given pain medication so the only time I felt pain was when the medication was wearing off and then I just took another pill. I used an ice pack on my jaw for the first couple of days.

The whole thing honestly was not even bad, just remember to do the proper cleaning they instruct you and not to drink out of straws!!

You'll be fine, I was super anxious about mine but after it was over I don't even know why I was even anxious!

it was very painless they 1st give you a medication that puts you to sleep so you don't feel it

• Speed

I was pretty scared, having seen friends in tears, unable to handle the pain.

Also, there was a party where That Guy was going to be, on the day of my appointment. I wanted to go, but with all four wisdom teeth coming out that day, I sent regrets.

It was so not a big deal. I was done by early afternoon, had almost no swelling, took exactly one of the painkillers prescribed for me. I could have gone to the party!

ive never had it done but i wouldnt worry about it since they put you out

• Kaz

I had a bit of soreness, that went away after a few days. Think the doctor (at the time) prescribed Tylenol with Codeine - which I think I took for the first day or two.

• .

I had all four of mine pulled at that same time. For me, the bad thing was the sound. It sounded like egg shells breaking. But they gave me lots of pain meds, so not much discomfort. I had to bite cotton balls for several days and replace them every three or four hours. And I could only eat liquid foods like yogurt and soup.

I didn't have any cavities, but the dentist said, "it's easier when your younger" or something like that.

• kelvin

i would never ever let a dentist touch my wisdom teeth

Just tylenol.

Mine came out great. I had all 4 done at once. I was around age 22

I was back to work in 2 days