Boyfriend is so evil when he's in pain?

Boyfriend&I have been together for a while.He was told that he has bronchitis at the hospital. We were in the the ER for a while because the hospital has to do all their testing like blood work,CT scans etc.so you know that takes a few hours for results to come back.I started to get a sleepy & I started to dose off. While he was laying in the hospital bed he was like "Really?...your going to go to sleep knowing that I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor? your so selfish".I was in the room with him so if the doctor were to come in I would of woke up. Then when we left the hospital we went to CVS to get his prescription filled & they stated that they didn't have enough medication so I went to the Walgreens right across the street & they filled the prescription with no problem he has 5 different prescriptions .the issue was we didn't have enough money to pay for the medication it came up to $96 so we only had enough to get one. So all day he complained about being in pain I gave him aspirin & he even took his mother percots.Then later that night I was going to sleep because I had to be at work in a few hours.he was complaining about the pain. I woke up out my sleep & started to rub on his back asking him what's wrong and he wouldn't answer me. I continued to rub his back until he finally laid down. I started to go to sleep until he yelled at me for going to sleep. I just don't know what to do I ask you what I can do to make you better but you still get upset with me.

• 1 year ago

I realize that when people are in pain or suffering, as in the ER, they may behave differently than they might if they were feeling well. How your guy responded was different from my own response to my guy's when I was in the ER recently.

My own story is that my guy took me to the ER about 5:30 in the afternoon back in April. I didn't know it at the time, (until lab work was completed), but I was anemic. It was making me feel awful, and with numerous symptoms. Both of us missed dinner. I was grateful to him for taking me to the ER. He stuck with me through what could have been his dinnertime. I kept insisting that he go out to eat something, that it might take awhile for the lab work to come back. He insisted on staying with me. When it got to be late, I finally convinced him to go out, and that was after I was told that I would be in the hospital for observation overnight. I also sent him home. But that's how I am. I was the opposite of your boyfriend.

People are different in how they handle emergencies and stressful situations. Your guy probably wanted some TLC because he was super nervous and feeling horrible. I don't think he should have gotten upset with you for falling asleep, especially if it got to be late, but his behavior was prompted by his physical and emotional state.

Try not to make a huge deal out of this. He may find a way to make it up to you once he is feeling better.

• 1 year ago

Not evil. He's in pain and uncomfortable. It makes many of us a bit mean and short on temper.

Be patient with him and understand he's dealing with a bad situation right now. Don't tolerate abuse or nastiness, but don't be quick to dismiss him either.

• 1 year ago

Time for this relationship to end. This guy doesn't care about you.