Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 6 months ago

Is VR gaming still a thing?

VR gaming had so much hype a couple of years ago. Now the hype seems to have died down. Is it safe to say that VR gaming is dead?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Raditz
    Lv 6
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

VR gaming is still on a developing state, and it still tries to penetrate the mass market. Even Nintendo has jumped to the VR gaming with their own VR Labo kit, which was released a while ago.

There's 2 factors that makes VR seems like "died" down nowadays:

-) It has a very high entry cost, especially on PC, since you need the VR headset and also a capable PC (which aren't cheap).

Sony & Nintendo tries to mitigate this by releasing a much cheaper VR headset, and it really pays of for Sony, since PSVR was the most popular VR out there.

-) It didn't have big games that could attract consumers to buying it. Imagine popular games like FIFA/CoD/Battlefield/GTA was released in full VR support, it has a high chance to sold like hotcakes in every platform.

Currently, big game devs & publishers only sees VR as a "complimentary", and not as their main focus. I hope that their stance would change in the next 5-10 years, and they starts creating AAA VR games.

• 6 months ago

I gave up on videogames since 2015 and forward.

• 6 months ago

would not suggest getting into VR until it gets better just keep waiting

• 6 months ago

its the main thing i want after i get my job and save up. however i would agree it is just a complicated gaming system to set up and operate.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I think it's making a comeback,there's been improvement with Holograms and virtual reality and the notion of interactive AI

• 6 months ago

l think its still a thing mate

• 6 months ago

Bro it wasn't ever really a thing tbh. Its too expensive who the hell has time to play games made to simulate a real life situation if you're already in a real life situation? Gaming might look good for the past couple of years but trust me it's a facade. It will wear off. Humans weren't born hardwired to play games. We have substituted gaming for real life interactions. Once you realize this you will start to have enlightenment

• is it dead?, no chance it's the future, well actually holographic gaming will be the future but it's a a major step towards that goal..thx to a newly invented material called graphene a new technological revolution is on the horizon

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It’s far from dead, VR is still very new. Hype always dies, doesn’t mean it is dead.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Far from dead, but hard to implement easily and cheaply. It will come, but way layer in the future.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.