my photos may have gotten removed in customs... what do i do?

i moved to america two weeks ago, and i noticed that the photos i DEFINITELY packed were missing. i’ve read that they may be in the lining of my bag or whatnot but what should i do? look more in my suitcase or call them up? do they usually take photos?

Um... what country did you move from? If U.S. Customs had any reason to check your baggage, they would of screened it in front of you at an inspection station.

There is a possibility security at your departing airport may have inspected your bag and forgot to place it back into your bag after temporarily removing it. (In such a case, contact the departing airport's lost-and-found service.) Alternatively, it might of been stolen by someone handling your baggage. (In this case, file a claim with the airline.)

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
    • Redstone

Ugh.. something must of happened while in transit from Australia. Filing an inquiry is the best option I'm afraid. I'm sorry you are going through this. :-[

If you have your suitcase, and it seems you do, then OF COURSE you should make 100% certain the photos aren't still in it, slipped into the lining maybe.

• MS

You are with your bags when they go through Customs, so you should have seen if they removed anything. Maybe you are talking about security. They would not remove them if they weren't a security risk, but maybe your bag came open during handling and they fell out.

Doubtful.

If Customs removed photos for some reason you would not be getting the rest of your suitcase delivered with out you being present.

At that point you would most likely be arrested for smuggling.

I don't know why you wouldn't look more in your suitcase before posting this. Customs doesn't usually remove photos, unless the photos are child pornography or of sensitive military installations, and when they do remove anything from your luggage they are supposed to to tell you what it was and why they are taking it.

• blank6 months agoReport

it was pictures of my friends and i near a pool and band posters bahaha