I recently got a ticket for running a school bus stop sign in Georgia. Help!!?

I recently got a ticket for running a school bus stop sign in GA. The ticket says it is a civil monetary penalty and will not add any points to my license. I can pay the fine, but do not know how this will affect my car insurance rate. I am wondering if I need to get a lawyer to help fight it. This is my first ever offense. What should I do ? Thanks for the help

e the road. Like in my dream, i will literally be driving and the next thing I feel I need to do is find some wa

PAY THE TICKET... and next time stop before you run over and kill a child..

you should spend time in jail for trying to kill children. We Must make these idiots pay more for running stop signs on school buses. You are an IDIOT . maybe you should not be allowed to drive.

• Lv 4

EXACTLY!!!! and she has no remorse at all... just worried about her own pathetic fatasss. she could have easily KILLED one or more kids!!

Answering as a 15/yr professional driver 'i/e' Taxi & Limo to-wit traffic citations can sometimes be just another occupational-hazard, I can definitely comment with a degree of qualification that traffic violations having anything to do with School Zones & Buses thereof are pretty damned DUMB!

But mistakes happen,,

So just pay the frkn fine & get over it...

Go to court. The officer might not show up and then you are free.

• While I hate to agree, and I think you are a putz, the advice is good. If the officer fails to show up, it may be dismissed. Next time, pay attention, *******.

Not sure

pay the ticket and just be thankful you didn't kill a child.

You cant "fight it" unless you actually didnt do it, and even then its difficult. Theres nothing to "fight". Traffic violations arent like murder cases, the lawyer would either laugh in your face or lie to you, take your money and laugh behind your back

• Cousin

You did it and deserved a lot worse because you probably would have killed a child because that's the only thing that a school bus ever stops for. It's ridiculous you're getting off with no points and only a fine and if you fight it and I was the Judge I'd throw the book at you and bury you under the jail you unrepentant reckless arrogant criminal.

• Mark B

They are classifying it as a "fine" instead of a traffic ticket. WTF, would you waste money on a lawyer? It is NO POINTS. That means it won't affect your insurance.

Either pay it straight up and forget about it or go to court. If you go to court, you MIGHT get the fine reduced. You say you did it, you really screwed up, you understand how serious it is and won't do it again. Worst case is you waste some time that day and have to pay the fine. Best case is you waste some time that day and pay a reduced fine.

• Mark B

@Leo -- Are you expecting a child to get killed in court? It ALREADY happened. Nobody got hurt. That does NOT mean he doesn't deserve a ticket, but be realistic on what will happen NOW.