Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 6 months ago

What have been the best museums and castles/palaces that you have visited so far? And what made them so special?

Wales................

• Toruko

I limit my visits to the historical resources available at 6001 Pulaski Pike, Huntsville, AL 35810.

Only about 8,000 paid members world-wide have that access. Member conservation policy

prevents me from sharing sensitive information with non-members. Such as the extent and

types of physical property it has legal title to.

• Jas B

Weald and Downland Museum in Sussex England. They have relocated a variety of old buildings, industrial, agricultural and domestic in a beautiful setting amid the Sussex Downs.

With more than 50 buildings, spanning more than 950 years, from sites across southern England. The collection includes workers’ cottages, shops, farmhouses, barns, a watermill, smithy and even a church. Most are open for you to go inside, explore and get a real feel for what it was like to live and work in them.

I have visited this museum on several occasions firstly with my father, then later taking my own children and every visit was a delight.

• Chris

One in Sweden I identified psychically where the walled up opera was. BAD experience at Leeds where my Handler misled me about the waterfowl and at Fotheringay where he had me tracing lingering echoes endlessly in the ruined foundations and I was onto something very surprising when I was interrupted.

• Prince

St James's Palace because I saw ghosts and one really touched me. Ivy buggered me but a ghost touched me. Diana let me have all the Kleenex I needed. Windsor even though I had to get aggressive about the food, not realising that they clear when the Queen finishes a dish. Wewelsburg because I got to see the secret chamber. Sigmaringen because it was relatives' plus I love that it straddles the crest of the mountain ridge. Gandolfo because John Paul II confirmed me. Versailles because of the party at night when they turned on the fountains.

• Robin

Windsor ... went there for a wedding, Dover.. went there for WW2 re-enactment

• TB12

I visited many castles when I was living in Germany, I personally found the ones in ruins to be the most interesting, I could spend all day just walking around trying to imagine what they were like in their heyday.

As for museums,, every museum I've ever been to was fascinating, I love museums, I can spend all day in one,, art museums, history museums, science museums,, all of them.

Here in Australia, we have this place called Kryal Castle.

It's an amusement park. It's a medieval-themed amusement park. That's the only castle we have. We don't have castles in Australia. It's not a very big castle, and it's kinda lame in general. It's a half-assed tourist attraction for people visiting the Victorian countryside, and of course there were never any knights or princesses in Australian history.

But I love it all the more because it is so stupid and out of place.

I've visited Europe and they have many fine castles, palaces and museums but the one that I thought was the most amazing piece of architecture that I have ever seen was Himeji Castle in Japan. Absolutely stunningly beautiful but also functional. An amazing feat of architecture.