What do you think of men who work in childcare?

I'm not planning on working in childcare, but I've heard of male daycare workers and I'm sure that there are male babysitters out there. If you met a man who worked in jobs like these or wanted to work in jobs like these, what would you think of him?

My opinion: I'd be fine with it, who am I to judge? But honestly, so many people feel the need to judge these days.

Just what I thought. The world is full of judgemental idiots. We're never going to evolve as a species. Ever.

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't think anything of it. It wouldn't even be on my radar.

The son of a good friend of mine got a degree in environmental science and he has worked at an outdoor preschool for two years now. He loves it (although he's broke)! LOL!

I have no clue why anyone would think anything less of a male who worked in early childhood education than a female.

That being said, I think it's become a field that is very risky for males to work in unless there is video surveillance and he is never alone with the children. It is very hard for him to protect himself otherwise. Sad to say but true.

My wife has run a licensed and accredited child care facility for 25 years. Over the years she has hired people from a huge variety of backgrounds, ethnicity, religion, orientation, etc. but not once has a single male applied. Not once. Sad.

• H

As long as they aren't pastors then I think I could be fine with that.

I wouldn't be too comfortable with that unless they had a female assistant.

I would think that it's their choice, I'm not one to judge a person's career.

I would think it's odd.

It's not odd when the male is the parent taking care of a young child but I wouldn't have put my kids in a daycare that had male employees. My kids my choice.

My only son died in 1995.

🌹 thanks

• I'm very sorry to hear that. My apologies.