Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 2 years ago

Do you think AEW will be the next WCW, as the years go on?

Will we the monday night wars again in the future?

I hope so, if it’s the time it’s now. Wwe has run a monopoly on the wrestling business for almost 20 years. Competition will naturally arise. They have backing from rich wrestling fans and are run by determined hungry veterans of the business. Cody Rhodes was a joke in wwe and being the son of a legend he knew the truth. I can not wait for this

The potential is there.

With that being said....are they currently at the same level as WCW, just due to the success of "Double or Nothing"? No.

I could see that as a probability that is if AEW will be as good as WCW was.

Since WCW has become a joke, the AEW will probably take its place.

possibly and it is possible AEW will go the way of WCW

• ?

Aew will defeat wwe. Listen to Talk Is Jericho when Tony Kahn was the guest. Then listen to Stone Cold podcast when VKM was a guest. All the proof you need

I didn't see anything from AEW to make me think they will be as successful as WCW.

• Candle

No. Despite all of the grandstanding and potshots made at Double or Nothing, both the Kahns and Cody are adamant about not being competition. They wont be on the same night of a WWE program, and they most likely wont be poaching talents with insane money offers like WCW did. Sure, they got Moxley and Jericho, but Jericho was far removed from WWE when they came knocking and Moxley would have probably just retired after his contract ran out, or went on a few tours of New Japan like he's doing now if AEW didn't materialize at the right time. I'd hardly call either a 'steal'.

Hopefully they don't end up like TNA and get bought by a moron. AEW will have a better chance as long as they can keep failures like Vince Russo away, and stay away from played out relics of the past like Hogan. There are too many names from the past that were at the right place, at the right time, and they got too much credit for their success. They can't recreate that same success because they don't understand that they manipulated a trend.

They will swallow WWE whole