Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 5 months ago

arrested for just searching child porn on Google?

My friend as a joke grab my laptop and type child porn on Google and press enter, I then quickly grab off him and got off the search page so my is question is will me or my friend get arrested for child porn being on the Google search history?

Sure. Your "friend" did it.

Google itself takes measures to prevent this kind of sick cr@p from being found through its search engine.

The term itself is most likely used by people researching a legal case or something along those lines. It won't get you arrested, your friend is just trying to scare you. There is zero humor in it and your friend needs to grow up.

mY fRieND seARcHEd UP FuRRy PoRN oN mY sCHoOl cHrOME bOOk thAT theY tRacK onCE

Not that anyone asked

It is not illegal - the traps are set where child porn is actually found on the internet. If you type "child porn" into google you will probably get lots of hits on articles about battling it and articles about pedophilia.

Your ex-friend (he had better be that by now) is a menace.

• VP

That's not an illegal thing to do. Someone could be looking for criminal cases or research material -- other than pictures. I'm fairly certain you're not going to find actual child porn pictures by using Google -- there're hundreds of Police departments and the FBI probably searching via Google, too.

Good. Anyone looking for child porn should be burned.

• Toruko

Good golly, Miss Molly, I guess your habits proved to be predictable.

You decide if a Judge or Jury gets to view all your habitual behavior.

Your friend has a very sick mind.

I d personally suggest he goes to see a psychiatrist very soon.

Yes

Yeah and? It's illegal, and for good reason!

• FlagMichael

Even searching for child porn laws or articles detailing efforts and organizations that combat it is not legal.