I have a YamahaReceiver I don’t understand the Equalizer setting Its set to GEQ will moving the plus to the right make the speakers louder?

Equalization is not generally used to increase over all volume. It is used to boost certain frequency bands to compensate for room absorption and such like, usually at very subtle levels. It is not the overall volume control. The volume controls do that job. Normally, a receiver like yours has an automatic setup routine that tests and adjusts for room errors, general volume needs, speaker by speaker, so to be leavened at the listening site in the room. and the manual EQ is for feathering and further refining these, largely because peoples ears are also different from the included microphones "hearing" range. There should be one general volume control that increases or decreases. the overall loudness of the presentation of the balanced results. As others have stated, all this information is in your owners manual. .

EQ boosts certain frequencies,as in a touch more bass,midrange & treble in a thickly carpeted room,reduced a bit in a bare walls & stone floor room.,,,,,,,. it is not meant as a second volume control.

set other tone controls on neutral,,loudness control off..use eq sparingly.and the main volume control too.

like the others advise,,'read the manual'

All of your answers are in the manual.

• AVDADDY

I'm sorry. I just assumed you weren't stupid. I stand corrected.

Lllllll

Read

The

Owner's

Manual.

This is why it was included with the item to begin with.

RTFM.

Read

The

F******

Manual.

i would try it and see and then you'll know