Should a vegan visit an animal park?

I work in a school and have been vegan for 3 years now. We have a year group trip coming up to Paradise wildlife park. Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on this? Should I go as I have been informed of the work they do about conservation? Or should I refuse, after all, it’s still a kind of zoo!

Help!!

Without that zoos participation in conservation efforts those animals would be extinct. Think of it that way

• Sam

I am a vegan and go anywhere that I want including zoos.

thats your personal preference....if it bothers you dont go

Up to you

• Dimo

Ref: https://www.pwpark.com/

" ... central tenant of veganism is to not exploit animals.... " -- Trivial One

" exploit, verb:

1 Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)

2 Make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.

2.1 Benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them."

-- https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/explo...

" Am I being hunted? No. Other animals trying to kill me? No. Do I have to find food and water? No, these humans serve me. I am NOT exploited." -- the Animal.

Vegans say "Meat is Murder."

Truth is, Veganism is Genocide.

yes but no one cares if you do or you do not.

I can't see how being vegan makes any difference. There are any number of non-vegans who disapprove of zoos (which is what you say this place is).

If you feel strongly enough about it then refuse to go although, obviously, there's a chance you'll lose your job and that people will think you're a fool. It's not a decision anyone else can make for you!

If you are a true vegan, you know the central tenant of veganism is to not exploit animals. Everything else builds on that central idea. Therefore, the fact that the animal park practices conservationism is the very reason you would not support, and not a reason to support it, as you seem to think.

You are either a vegan or you are not. If you are a vegan you do not support anything that exploits animals, not even conserving them, rescuing them, helping them. If you believe in rescuing animals or you own a pet, you exploit animals. As such, you may rightly call yourself an animal lover, but not a vegan.

Choose for yourself.

It depends on how solid you are in your beliefs.

If your belief is that zoos are disgusting and against your principals for any reason, if you are a person of conscience and not just a troll you should refuse to go and let your supervisor know why. But then you also must accept any consequences of your action.

If you are just a troll then you should go with the understanding that at least these animals won't be eaten by your meat loving colleges. Perhaps you could wear a shirt that says "Meat is Murder". Perhaps you could counsel the Tigers or Lions and tell them why they should go Vegan.

• Daisy

I think you should refuse to attend and make sure everyone knows how offended you are about the trip.