Ryan asked in SportsTennis · 5 months ago

Anybody think Federer has a chance against Nadal in the French Open semi-final?

Federer has beat him five times in a row all on hardcourts though. Federer is 0-5 against Nadal at the French Open. Fed has changed his backhand the last couple years though and is able to hit a lot flatter shots with Nadal's big topspin forehand... I think it might be an interesting match I like Nadal in 4 sets though. Hard the better against a man whose only lost twice at the French Open

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

He has no chance on clay.

• Chuck
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Of course, he has a *chance.*

Hard to beat Rafa on clay, everybody knows that. But, OTOH, Fed HAS actually beaten him in the past, but mostly on hard courts & grass. Maybe the Fed team will come up with something new. Again, it's hard to think Rafa will lose to Fed here. He's reasonably close to home, plus, this is his #1 favorite surface. Fed has only lost 2 sets, so far. Rafa has not lost a set to *any* of his opponents, as we move into these 2019 semifinals of Roland Garros. They both should be well-rested for this match.

Quote: "Nadal and Federer have met 12 times at Grand Slams (Nadal leads 9-3)"

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/federer-nadal-rola...

Rafa lost to Fognini in Monte Carlo, so we know that he's not invincible.

Other questions we *must* know the answers to:

Can Rafa beat Djokovic, if they both advance?

Can Thiem beat Djokovic, and also the winner of Rafa and Fed? And so, will Thiem surprise us all, and win the whole thing?

Will World #1 Novak Djokovic prove to us, once again, why he is #1?

All four semifinalists here have at least one tournament victory in 2019.

If you love tennis, this should be very interesting. Stay tuned!!!!

• carrie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Of course he has, it could be anyones game, they are 2 brilliant players,

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

yes i do

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.