Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 6 months ago

Why is the weather so crazy today in California?

It’s 5:40 am and it feels like it’s 100 degrees but it’s only 60 degrees why is that?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Mog
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Humidity. It’s like that every morning here in the summer. We had some border patrol agents move here after they retired. They were used to spending their days in the desert on the Mexican border but they said it’s so much worse being in the heat out here because of the humidity. Our humidity is created by the millions of acres of corn here. If you capture and condense all of the water vapor excreted by a single corn plant, you get 5 gallons of water per day.

• JimZ
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

We have very low humidity in California but you don't really notice when it is 60.

• Dirac
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

I'm not sure where you are, but it doesn't seem particularly crazy to me, it just seems like a typical June day. What you may noticing is the higher dew point. At my house we had the highest dew point of the year so far yesterday (64 F), so that may be the reason it seems hot to you. Your body's ability to cool itself goes down as dew point goes up.

It will no doubt be much warmer and more humid later in the summer.

• TQ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why the weather is so crazy today in California depends on when today is.

• olivia
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Murky daylight this evening.

Marine layer disperse quicker enabling temperatures to warm today.

Cooler at the coast, hotter inland with the absolute most sweltering temperatures of the year so far in our deserts.

A little possibility of rainstorms over our mountains today while every other person remains dry.

Temperatures cool a bit Friday and Saturday yet rapidly warmth up Sunday and into the new week's worth of work.

Valleys and IE urban communities will hit the 90s Monday.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Dirac is a paid troll. He works for the Open Society Foundations. See link in comments.

• Horse6 months agoReport

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It was just about 60 this morning at 4:00 a.m when I got up and it was calm and cool. Since I didn't run too hard or long and didn't wear a coat it never felt like a hundred today for me. It felt more like 60.

• 6 months ago

Cycles that have been happening since the dawn of time

• 6 months ago

That sounds like a problem with your body, talk to your doctor.

If it's 60ºF and you think it is 100ºF, that is your problem, not the weather.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.