Why are ticks so bad this year?

I walked through my own yard for about 2 min and got 2 on me. I walked back by the woods later that day (I have a camp back there, I knew I’d get ticks because it was in the woods and I checked myself as soon as I got there and back lol) ended up with 4 that whole trip. Like you can’t enjoy being outside at all anymore. Is there a reason they have gotten so bad? And how do you stop them from getting on you so much? I had plans this summer to go camping and bonfires and stuff but I’m seriously grossed out by the ticks and might not even bother doing anything outside.

• Toruko
    1 year ago

Global warming is expanding their range of access.

Thank you for assisting nourishment requirements.

Probably just a heavy population of them right in your area this season, try another camping spot, there may not be a one.

Odd, I have yet to see any bug life this season, but we did seem to have a late spring, lower temperatures, t-storms, even our first tornado warning yesterday, what you might expect late April/early May.