Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 7 months ago

Subwoofer doesn’t hit loud anymore?

I think my friend destroyed it. He borrowed my car for 2 days. He doesn’t even have a driver’s license. We are both 22 years old. What should I do with the sub?

• Favorite Answer

There could be a problem with the amplifier. Make sure the amplifier is in good condition and that the gain is not tuned down.

If you are 100% sure that the woofer's life is coming to an end, replace the woofer.

just tell the owner, the sub isn't working. then send it to repair shop. honesty.

• Too bad, there's no sign of proof that he went to a shop for the installation. All he told us was that his woofer isn't loud because his friend destroyed it.

LOL your friend put a heII of a pressure on the sub and now the coils are burnt out.

Buy a new sub and replace it.

Your friend doesn't even have a driver’s license? YOU ARE AN IDIOT. If he had gotten into an accident your insurance wouldn't have covered it. They do not insure accidents when an unlicensed driver is behind the wheel.

EPIC FAIL

So what about the sub? Your ''friend'' probably played it too loud for too long and overheated the voice coils and it will never be the same again. Live and learn and maybe one day you won't be such a dumbass.

• don r

Your friend broke your stuff, so he needs to pay to fix it. I had a neighbor once who was habitually drunk and wanted to borrow my car. The only answer I gave him was HELL NO. See how easy that is? That esoobee wrecked 5 of his own cars,including running into a house and at least 9 parked cars. He finally lost his license but got a moped. He is now dead and I do not miss him.

Your friend probably just blew the little fuse out find the little fuse that's in line and replace it cost about $0.15 and they all have it. They know there's going to be people that overpower the subwoofer and somewhere in the line is the little inline fuse it's either square or round replace it and everything will work just fine.

Are you sure it is the sub itself? It could be your amp. If it is the sub, then it's probably blown. Either replace it or re-cone it.

Why did you lend your car to someone without a license? And what does that have to do with anything? If your friend blew your sub he should pay to replace it. But seeing as he's 22 and doesn't have a license, he may not be a bastion of reliability, so don't count on him paying for a new one.

Buy a new sub, and don't lend people without licenses your car.

why dpes he not have a drivers license ?? that may contain the answer to your questiopn