Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · 7 months ago

Are the people that appear on the TV show 'Judge Judy' representative of your average/ typical US person?

• Dr.Zin
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately I believe so.

Imagine having those kind of people as family members or even neighbors. smh

I'm sure my answer is a violation

and I apologize if it triggered anyone

• Erik

I don't think so, most people are not that stupid. They go on the show because they know if they lose, the show will pay the judgement.

The producers pick the ones they think will be the most interesting to watch.

No. They are selected because they are not typical.

They or the case is chosen by the producers for Entertainment Value.

Some are actually bogus, so the "Judge" can throw a tantrum.

Sheindlin earned $147 million, pretax, in 2017.

The person who is most untypical is Judge Judy herself, who made some $47 million last year hosting the show. Any judge would love to make that kind of money.

typical wal mart shoppers

• Kathy

Not always

Most are worse.

Lmao, no way in hell. Thanks for the laugh. Only idiots would ever choose to appear on Judge Judy. The whole show is a complete joke that deals with petty disputes that would NEVER actually be brought to court.

• Tim

Yes, and all the soap operas are real too.

d:o]

Source(s): American.