Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

Does this sound like autism?

1. I have no confidence.

2. I have no self worth.

3. I avoid people and doing things like answering important emails.

4. I feel different from other people.

5. I feel I have to prove I'm equal to others.

6. I hate my body.

7. I hate scary movies.

8. I wish I had friends but don't feel good enough.

9. I get bad dreams often.

10. I don't look after myself much.

11. I'm extremely sensitive to what other people think/say about me.

12. I find animals easier to deal with.

13. I find it hard to trust.

14. I have very little desires other than to be left alone.

15. I hate authority, having no freedom and rules.

16. I don't feel good at explaining things.

To give some perspective, my condition is so bad that I go out of my way to go to shops with a self-service check out. I've lost friends because of my avoidant behaviour, strained relationships, and upset my family. I'm working with some people online atm and I think they're probably annoyed because I avoid getting back to them until hours after.

Update:

I am diagnosed with autism, but I think most of you who are saying it's not are probably right, it probably has something to do with how I was treated as a kid.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Only a doctor can diagnose autism, if you are writing this long paragraph, chances are you are NOT!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Not really, because that is part of who you are

• 6 months ago

It just sounds like depression and anxiety to me

• 6 months ago

Autism is a disorder of the brain in which social behavior, communication skills, and thinking ability fail to develop normally. It affects the way sensory input is processed, causing people with autism to overreact to some sensations (sights, sounds, smells, and so forth) and underreact to others. The impairments of autism produce an assortment of unusual behavioral traits. Symptoms, which usually appear before the age of three, can vary greatly from child to child. Although the effects of autism are profound, individuals affected by it can receive help. An important factor is early recognition, leading to appropriate treatment. Efforts can then be directed into productive channels. It is good to see a doctor that treats this disorder as soon as possible,

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Vortex
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I have no idea but to be honest most things I do and a lot of people I interact with I do not always enjoy. I would rather go to the beach than work. Why take on responsibility when I could loaf? I think the answer is we get out of life what we put in. We make a conscious decision to take the good with the bad in order to support a family. Everyone would like to float on a cloud all day but it will only make you damp. If you want to enjoy anything, you have to fight for it.

• 6 months ago

Instead of trying to put a label on it and call it a day, maybe this is a sign that you need to work on yourself? You want to just say this is what I am, there is nothing I can do.

Work on yourself, work on your confidence, put yourself in uncomfortable situations, force yourself to be around people more and maybe get a job where you are around people and have to get to know others and talk. Also meditate, it will help you with your confidence, feeling self worth and learn to stop telling yourself its an underlying cause and start realising its in your head.

• 6 months ago

wtf not even close

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Maybe, can be something else

• 7 months ago

It is not Autism.

It is a complete Failure.

Key Autism factors:

- Impaired Social Communication and Interaction

- Restrictive Repetitive Behavior, interest or activities

- Deficits in social communication

- Deficits in play or friendship

- Repetitive motor movements, use of objects, or speech

- Rigidity related to routines or rituals

- Restricted interest abnormal in intensity or focus

- Over or under sensitivity in sensory stimuli (pain, temperature, light, sound)

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Nope. I diagnose you with stupid and cowardice.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.