I am confused on which transmission fluid to buy for a 4 cylinder, 2,000 Honda Civic Dx (automatic). Can anyone with experience help?

I see all these different transmission fluids on the market, and I am like wtf? I found out I was quart low today, and just grabbed one off the shelf. It say high mileage automatic transmission fluid. If I bought the wrong kind, and put it in; will it burn my motor up? When I googled the subject; every body... show more I see all these different transmission fluids on the market, and I am like wtf? I found out I was quart low today, and just grabbed one off the shelf. It say high mileage automatic transmission fluid. If I bought the wrong kind, and put it in; will it burn my motor up? When I googled the subject; every body wants to sell me some synthetic crap. I like natures version. When you answer question, please quote sources.