I'm a man and I only like to watch movies with male lead characters. What's wrong with me?

There are many movies which I was so curious to watch but decided not to because it has female lead character. I haven't even watched 'Captain Marvel' movie despite the fact that I am a fan of marvel series. She was in the 'Endgame' though lifting a whole city or something. Frankly speaking female movies always portray women disrespecting men for no reason? I saw a lady character mocking the Aqua Man by mimicking his masculine voice, what for? Men have deep and powerful voice don't be jealous. Feminism comes in almost all female lead movies. It's very obvious that's why you can't enjoy the movie.

You like to watch movies that reflect you (male) and your interests in terms of subject matter. For most guys, that means movies that are heavy on action, have strong male leads, male bonding and have save- the-family/-country/-world or -planet storylines. If the movie also has some humor and hot women, even better. That's why James Bond is such a popular international hero. And there's nothing wrong with that. Women tend to prefer chick flicks that feature strong female leads and reflect our interests. Nothing wrong with that, either. But it can make it hard for a couple to decide what movie to watch on a Saturday night.

Based on your response to the other answers, you're a pu$$$$y That's what's wrong with you.

• Lawrence6 months agoReport

Said by an anonymous coward. By the way don’t u alpha males know any words other than p*ssy and gay?😃

Nothings wrong with it. It’s just your personal preference. I personally watch or read anything. I like sticking to things with lead characters in my age group because I can see myself in those characters and understand them more.

nothing at all:

A. captain marvel was s**t anyway

B. As a student of media i know that films with strong female charachters are mainly aimed at impressionable young girls who need a role model. being a man and watching a film with a female protagonist is definatly not wrong and at the heart of it its just a personal preference.

• e9601:

I prefer male lead characters. It's just a personal preference.

• e9601:

@A - I told you already, you have been reported.

• Joe

You don't sound like a man. You sound like an idiot who wants to be a man but doesn't know how. Please don't have kids.

Well I do feel sorry for you and all the other people who agree with you. You are all a bit sad.

• Elana

I only like innovative movies. Unfortunately, that may amount to the same thing.

Actually, no, there are too many male-lead movies that are totally not innovative.

In waaaaay too many cases in the recent past, women have cast female leads simply to re-release a movie, get another bite at the financial apple, claiming that the gender of the characters makes it innovative and worth watching.

The trouble is, right now, it is sort of working. That is to say, many of these movies actually make money though far less than if they were actually ... um ... good.

Was the female Ghostbusters as good as the original? I don't think it was, but even if you could somehow have unseen the original, see the new one first and then somehow compare and decide then that it was better, that is not the world we live in.

If you're going to make a movie with female leads for the sake of making one with female leads ... just don't.

If you're going to make a movie with innovative material, then sure, go ahead and consider casting against tropes.

Thing is, it's tougher to get financial backing for innovation than it is for re-hashing a blockbuster with demographic changes.

probably nothing, you just like those better

It's normal. Many men have same preferences like you do including myself. I don't mind female lead roles in a family drama or biography but certainly not action or sci fi movies. I just can't stand a woman kicking a strong man's @ss with her self defense crash course skills. That's impossible.