Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Netherlands · 7 months ago

How strict are Amsterdam Clubs on IDs?

My friends and I are 17 and going to Amsterdam this week. We had the idea to go clubbing so we’ve all managed to borrow real IDs from friends or family. However I’ve heard that they’re pretty strict especially in coffee shops so I was wondering if this was the same for clubs. Would we all be able to get away with it? How do they scan the IDs when going into clubs?

• Orla C

You won't get in. It's that simple.

• Huh?

Very. If they even suspect you might be underage they will make you show your passports as ID; you're legally required to carry them at all times in the Netherlands and they won't trust any other ID cards you might have.

• Zirp

what do you mean "borrowing a real ID"??

If you look 19, and are foreign, you need a passport. If the passport says you are under 18, no beer, no weed, and probably not even getting in

Your IDs are not valid in the Netherlands, you have to use your passports as ID

You are totally not getting away with it.

They are extremely strict about these things. Those clubs and shops are not about to lose their operating licenses by letting in some children.