g asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 7 months ago

Why do female players expect equal pay to their male counterparts despite there being a disparity in the level of quality between them?

Update:

i have nothing wrong with the idea but it doesnt make sense given how much better the level of quality is in the mens game.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Women are experts at suckering money from gullible men who think they will get sex by obeying women.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I hope than soon they have equal pay

• 7 months ago

All that aside where would this money even come from they aren't generating it. Dumb h0es need to be checked

• 7 months agoReport

You need to be shot.

• Quote "despite there being a disparity in the level of quality between them"

Well that statement is subjective, and i'm no femminist lol, but i might be a logicalist.....don't believe me?, well here's the punchline, proove it?.....other than the pay that is otherwise this comes under the category of a catch 22

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

They are simply playing the women equal pay card when women don’t fill their stadiums or attract the all important TV revenue ratings which add value and sell merchandise.

• August
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

football first,TV money,merchandise and happy clappy second

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

That's the problem. Is the next thing going to be that players who are playing 1st or 2nd division football going to want wage parity with premier league players?

• jimmy
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

August. I agree it won't happen, and I don't think you will see the women making the money that premier league players make either.

• August
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

I can not accept that. They know as well as we do that men's football is more skilful and they are proper professionals. I am not being sexist but it is a fact of life that women are better than men at some tasks but football isn't one of them

• Ryan
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Agreed. Same as in movies where pay is unequal because if you are basically paid on what you are worth to the film. If they think your name will draw in more viewers they'll pay you more. Its not about if your role in the movie is next to equal. Mens football generally makes more money sothey get paid more. Simple as

• g7 months agoReport

yeah it's not really gender inequality if they dont deserve the same pay. it's like paying a store janitor the same as the store manager, they wouldn't deserve it because their job requires less skill

• 7 months ago

Not in the US. The US women, in international play, consistently play at a high level. The US men consistently perform poorly. The US women also pull in more money for US Soccer. Yet the women are paid less than the men. And they get inferior treatment in areas like travel and accommodations, and have had to play on inferior fields.

Crowds show up to watch the US women play and the TV networks want to carry their bigger games because advertisers will pay the big money to put their stuff in front of the large audience at home. Money is what it's all about. People don't watch the WNBA in anywhere near the numbers that would justify paying the players anywhere near what male pro basketball players earn. It has to always be about the economics - pay should be commensurate with how desirable people find it to pay, through ticket sales or product sales to justify the advertising dollars. And that's how it plays out, except for the US women in soccer. They should be getting paid at least double what the men get based on their drawing power.

• Ryan
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

You telling me that if a guy wasn't playing basketball he'd play football instead ? Doubt it

• 7 months ago

More than likely because they refuse to see that disparity.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.