Poetinha asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 months ago

If I format my computer I will lost my windows 8.1 license? How can I install my win 8.1 again after formatting my computer?

• Dick

You need to do a "Recovery". Go to the Windows Search and do a search for Recovery. Once there are several options. You don't need to lose anything these days and you certainly won't lose your 8.1 LIcense Number.

• keerok

To reinstall, get an installer. So that you don't lose your license, write it down.

Put the Windows installation disk in & follow the instructions.

• Bill-M

You would not have that problem If you would have upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 Registers your installation in it's data base. So when you reinstall, it will automatically update as long as you sign in with the same user name and password. I THINK 8.1 will do the same.

Go to my computer/properties look at the bottom where it says your product ID, that is ur windows license, Write down the product ID on a piece of paper, Format/Reinstall windows 8, then use the ID you wrote down. And you keep ur license.